Panama’s Sewer and Aqueduct Systems Expansion and Sustainable Improvement
The Republic of Panama Ministry of Health (MINSA) in coordination with the National Council for Sustainable Development (CONADES) established the Sewer and Aqueduct Systems Expansion and Improvement Project to improve sanitary conditions in low-income neighborhoods and reduce pollution of urban and metropolitan rivers in the metropolitan area of in the City and Bay of Panama within a framework that encouraged efficiency and financial sustainability.
The services provided by CSA Group Panama was part of a consortium (Ayesa-CSA) which provided services to CONADES for the program including:
- Owner representation supporting the contract(s) bidding and bid evaluations process as well as managing coordination between contractors and government agencies
- Technical assistance, design and technical specifications review
- Equipment Installation Quality Control
- Environmental services and supervision of contractors to address environmental safety and inspection
- Control and supervision of tasks and activities performed by contractors at construction sites
- Inspection and Supervision of the construction of tanks, pump stations and pipe installation
- Project Management services to plan, develop, coordinate, follow-up, inspect, control and supervise the tasks and activities performed by contractors.