LMMIA Capacity Enhancement Program
Aerostar Airport Holdings LLC (Aerostar) was awarded a 40-year lease by the Puerto Rico Ports Authority (PRPA) for the operation of the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Aerostar executed a capital program comprised of airfield, landside and terminal projects that enhance the safety, security and capacity of the airport. Aerostar executed a Capacity Enhancement Program (CEP) in the terminal areas as part of the Use Agreement between the signatory airlines at SJU and Aerostar. The estimated value of the CEP was approximately $100M. The three phases included work in Terminal B, C and D, Concourse C and D, and Terminal A upgrades as detailed below:
- Terminal D and Concourse D reconfiguration as swing spaces for Phase 2 including:
- Relocate USDA.
- Demo and reconfigure ticketing lobby and ATO space.
- Lower level operations preparation.
- Build-out new “customs” hold room.
- Gates 12 to 19 hold room preparations.
- Refurbish/re-place passenger loading bridges on Gates 12 to 19 (Three bridges to be new and were furnished and installed by others).
- Terminal A upgrades including:
- Check-in for commuter relocation.
- Gates A1/A2 for commuters.
- Security checkpoint expansion.
- Vertical circulation between Gates A1/A2 and apron.
- Terminal B/C and Concourse B including:
- Terminal B/C renovation.
- Concourse B renovation.
- Concourse B passenger loading bridge rehabilitation.
- Terminal D including:
- Vertical circulation between “customs” hold room and apron, secure connector from Terminal A to FIS area.
- Concourse C including
- Renovation of Concourse C.
- Rehabilitation of Concourse C passenger loading bridges.